Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thank the Good Lord, It's April!

I mean no blaspheme by the title. I'm genuinly grateful it's April. February is the longest month for me, mentatlly-and ironically it's the shortest month of the year. March always goes by surprisingly fast. I've expereinced quite a bit the past few months, but March I learned a lot. I learned I can love children like they were my own just because I don't know if anyone in their short lives has shown them what real love is.

I've also learned (today) that when one of my little clients says, "I hate you, " and storms to her room just because I made her turn off the television to finish our reading really means, "I'm frustrated. I hate reading because I'm not good at it...but thank you for helping me through it because Mom and Dad don't read with me."

April is a great month. The grass is growing greener, the birds chirp more beautifully, and the days are longer. Today, was April Fool's day. The best one I heard went like this:

Text message @ 8 am: Were you in on this?
Me: In on what?
Text: I woke up to some pretty decorations on my car.
Me: haha! really? i don't even know what car you drive. was it bad?
Text: well, apparently i was "just married".
Me: haha! congrats!
text: oh yeah. laugh now. but there will be hell to pay when i find out who did it!

Haha! It doesn't get much better than some innocent vandalism!

2 comments:

Barbara Sessions said...

my roommate had fire hydrant cut outs glued onto a plunger. Well, this morning she is like, if anyone from Clarke comes over here, you know nothing of this. She comes home this afternoon and grabs another one. Apparently she has put all five of them there at the boy's apartment. It was funny watching the guys getting frustrated to find who in the world had time on their hands to keep making these.

Jessie Mae said...

So I love April too, except we got another 4 inches of snow this morning, only for it to be melted by 130! I love Kansas! So the joke I played was to tell a Returned Missionary that I got knocked up and couldn't go on a mission, I had her convinced too!

Copyright Text