Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome to Wal-Mart...

I have made an effort in the past 6 months to not shop at Wal-Mart. They do have such great prices and so much stuff, that when you go in for a dozen eggs, you wonder why you're leaving with 2 for $10 goggles, 3 for $5 pop tarts, 4 for $10 Diet Pepsi 12-Packs, and a cute graphic tee off the $7 rack. Not to mention by the time you drive home and bring your bags inside you realize you forgot the eggs you actually went in for. My reasons for not shopping at Wal-Mart were very hard for me to explain, but ode to MSN.com, someone who is more business-savvy and economically in tune has explained my feelings: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/the-price-of-wal-mart-coming-to-town.aspx And, what is it with Wal-Mart piggy-backing on Target? I love Target, and I just find the rumors curious (if they are true), why is it that Wal-Mart is remodeling their stores to embody Target's floor plan? Anyway, it doesn't make you a bad person if you shop at Wal-Mart. For me, I would rather spend my dollar for the same stuff at other stores.

1 comment:

Myrnie said...

Ha! I love Target! and I love your profile pic on facebook! Love ya! Lataun

Copyright Text