Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Bed

I'm a floater. I've accomplished a lot in my life, but when it comes right down to it, I don't really know what I'm doing. I have just recently moved into the fourth, and hopefully final, place of residence in under one year. The good thing about moving so much is you get to see how much stuff you really have. This is good, because I think that I have managed to purge three or four giant trash bags full of old things. This is from clothing, to old cooking supplies, to furniture, to a lamp that never should have made it outside of my college apartment. Now, I have moving down to an art. Most of my stuff stays in storage (a good 5 boxes) and the rest I fit into my new room:

If your attention is directed to the green/white rectangle on the floor, you may be asking yourself, "Self, what is that green/white rectangle thing on the floor with the pillows on top?"

To that I would answer you, that is my current bed. Story: I had my parents take my queen size bed back home to Colorado b/c (A) I was pretty sure I was going to move to Utah in September (today, oddly enough) and they had furnished housing there and (B) I wouldn't be living in Idaho much longer anyway, so might as well take it with them so I wouldn't have to lug it around.

Well then, now you probably want to ask me, "Max, are you sleeping on-"

"Yes, I am sleeping on 4 queen-sized egg-role mattresses folded over so it really feels like 8. And yes, I put twin sheets around them to keep them bundled together to make it look and feel like a real twin-size mattress. And, yeah, I guess you could call me cheap for not wanting to buy a $60 twin mattress to use or have to shuffle around for the next 4 months."

1 comment:

Lataun said...

wow, pretty ingenious. So how much did those egg rolls add up to? Now all you need are some cardboard boxes for a frame and maybe a pallet or two for your head board. :)

btw...love your curtains!

Copyright Text