Friday, November 13, 2009

Time to grow up? Cast your votes

I haven't written on my blog for far too long. I'm up at BYU-Idaho with a client. We went to McDonald's, and because this is our last time together I let her choose whether to play computer games or card games. She chose computer, so I finally have access to the Internet.

I'm leaving the beautiful state of Idaho in one week. It's sad, but I'm excited to be living in the same home as my husband!

The inspiration for this entry was a nice birthday present one of my old roommates gave me. I think the people that know me the best know that I have a pretty good sense of humor, and one way I keep it fresh is by keeping up on my daily Peanuts' comics. I have many Peanuts' memorabilia, and this is cause to ask myself, "Is it time to grow up?"

My old roommate got my a canister of Spiced Hot Cocoa and on the front of the tin can is Snoopy and Woodstock around a festive Thanksgiving centerpiece. I'm 24 years old and I don't think I could have asked for anything cuter!



But, I am 24 years old. Is it time to grow up? Is it time to replace my coffee table comic books with photography books of the mountains, or a Time's magazine or the newspaper with current events? Is it time to collect my stuffed Snoopy, my Snoopy mug, the several Peanuts' t-shirts, and Peanuts' mint tins and store them away in a Tupperware in the basement?

Personally, I think no. I've got a good 2, 3, or 55 years left in me before it's time to start growing up! Like my dad has said, "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is a choice!"

2 comments:

Myrnie said...

I vote "no" on growing up! It can be a drag sometimes. And, by the way, Idaho will miss you...

Nate and Kelly said...

I vote "NO" :)

Copyright Text