Sunday, April 20, 2008

Runner's High

Sometimes it's harder to find Him and I really have to keep searching. My last day at school this semester I woke up at 5 am and ran to my favorite hill that meets a vast potato field, barely beating the sun. As it rose I found Him again. I'm pretty sure He mainly dwells in nature, far from the city. I turned off my ipod and there was this incredible silence. The air was as quiet as it was crisp and I thought I could stay there all day. The only thing that brought me back was the frost bite growing over my body. I feel His presence most in the quiet solitude of long runs, through trees, around lakes, past fields, along mountains. This is when I feel and I wish I could run forever. I don't want to go home and put up my shoes. I don't want the sounds of birds chirping to be replaced by rush hour. I don't want to leave the enlightenment and inspiration I get, only to return to the "To-do" lists and problems of the world. I just want to run and run and run, until I collapse in His arms. I know He will never forget me, and while I think I will just meet Him again tomorrow, He actually never leaves me even when I leave the trails.

No comments:

Copyright Text