Sunday, December 14, 2008

Untitiled

Isn't it funny how some things turn out? You think you are going down one path, you tell God, "Hey there, I got this one figured out. These are my plans. Thanks for being here for me, but I think I got this one." And you smile as you close your prayer to Heavenly Father, but he's smiling too, and for some of us he might crack a giggle or break into a full out laugh. I bet He's got one hell of a contagious laugh.

We don't know what we're doing, we just sometimes do things because it feels right. I never expected things to end up this way, but they did. I wished they would have panned out a little more different, but I can't blame anyone but myself for getting into this situation.

So, I'm staying out here in Idaho Falls because it feels right. Really, for no other reason than it feels right right now. And honestly, how many people can say they got rehired because the company was desperate?! That's a sign, right? But seriously, how many graduates can say they have a sweet job the day after graduation?

Life will be different from here on out. I will be a different person (hopefully better, and growing) because of the next year's experiences. My plans? Well, since I'm pretty sure my previous plans were the ones that were able to make Heavenly Father laugh, I've decided to be an instrument in God's hands. Not quite sure how to do that, but I'll just start out by working hard and trying every day to live the Golden Rule. I'll try to be a little better this year than I was last. I'm ready to let go of that big circle thing on the boat that is used to turn the boat, and let Him steer me.

1 comment:

Barbara Sessions said...

Wow, I have never thought that the spirit would always guide us in ways that we don't expect us to. Sometimes he has to use outside sources to make things happen or not happen (as I have recently found out!). It is great to hear that you know what you are going to be doing this next little while in your life. Glad to hear that you are staying around for a lil' while longer. At least closer to your cousin (this one!) to bug if you ever want to!

Copyright Text