Tuesday, June 30, 2009

21 Things I Want in a Lover...

I've been listening to Alanis Morissette quite a bit lately. She wrote a song entitled "21 Things I want in a Lover" where she lists things that she wants in a lover. I don't think she actually lists 21 things (I think I counted 18...) but, I thought it would be fun to think of 21 things that I look for in a lover, or for a better word, a mate. Like Alanis says, these are "not things I necessarily need, but qualities that I prefer." I also love how she lists them like questions, as if she wrote an ad for the paper or craigslist.

1. Do you laugh with others, but not at them?
2) Can you sit in a room without constant noise?
3. Do you like simple things, like being okay shopping for cooking utensils on a date?
4) Are you okay with a girl changing her mind, then changing it back, and maybe changing it again?
5. Can you run a 10k under an hour, and are you up for training for a marathon?
6) Do you like watching the Disney channel on a Saturday morning?
7. Are you open to trying new things?
8) Are you into artistic development, especially within yourself?
9. Can you dance to the rhythm of a band, and not worry about who's watching?
10) Do you do nice things when no one is looking, and honestly don't wish for the recognition?
11. Can you cuddle, and hold me like I mean the world to you?
12) Do you have a good imagination?
13. Are you creative in problem-solving and creation?
14) Do you love to learn and strive to make learning a life-long journey?
15. Can you forgive and forget?
16) Do you believe in eternal life, love, and happiness?
17. Are you good with kids, aged 1 day to 18 years old?
18) Are you patient, understanding, and slow to anger?
19. Are you laid back, can you relax, even when life throws a quick one at you?
20) Do you go to church, love God, and serve others?
21. Do you want the world to be a better place, and engage yourself in good causes?

It's a rough list, but things I look for nontheless. That was fun. Maybe it'll change in a month, or a year, or maybe it will stay exactly the same.

2 comments:

Nate and Kelly said...

Those are so cute, Max! Now I want to come up with 21 questions...because I too am a Alanis Morriset fan :) Ha! But if I were making up questions, they'd be more like...

1. Are you okay with having cereal for dinner on a consistent basis?
2. Will you be mad if I don't shower for a couple days?
3. Are you willing to buy me a new purse every month?

Ha Ha! Just kidding... but seriously. Love you, and your writing :)

Maximum Glutes said...

haha! True, double true! I wanted to add these:
22)Can you golf 18 holes, and walk it?
23) Can you cook? (b/c I can't...)

Copyright Text