Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some Songs

I love music. Who doesn't, right? Well, I truly, deeply, madly love music. I think it is very powerful and can awaken emotions you never knew were inside. I also believe that when you are in love, it might become necessary to dedicate a song to the significant other. Beaware, however, if you only think you are in love. This is when you do not dedicate certain songs. I believe there are a handful of love songs out there that should only be used at weddings, on anniversaries, or the like that signify eteranal love. Case in point: "Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg, "Lucky" by Colby Collait and Jason Mraz, "That's Entrainment" by Van Morrison, etc. The reason being, if the two people parted ways one day, that song would leave a bittersweet taste in one's mouth; and I, for one, wouldn't be able to listen to it without flashbacks. I also think that music can work the other way. For example, when you do have a break-up, a bad day at work, a car hits your mailbox at 3 am, etc., there is always a song for those times. Like, I once was in a spot in my life where I could have dedicated, "Ain't Wastin' Good Whiskey on You" by Trick Pony. This isn't because I'm a closet alcoholic, but if I did like to wash down a meal (or a heartache) with some spirits, I think I would think twice about when and where I would drink my 'good whiskey'. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, there will always be a country song that has the words describing EXACTLY how you feel. Whether or not we like country, no one likes getting "a ketchup stain on his white t-shirt", we all need to tell ourselves that "if Bubba can dance (I can too)", I would like a "cowboy to take me away", I'm sure I could find someone to tell "you're the reason God made Oklahoma" to, and, wouldn't all us girls love to be the "queen of someone's double wide trailer?" Yeah, good old country. It's always good for something.

1 comment:

Barbara Sessions said...

That is why I like country, because there are songs for when you are up, or when you are down, or a song that you listen to the words closely enough, they will cheer you up.

Copyright Text