Thursday, February 18, 2010

23 Pounds, and Counting!

I feel like my stomach is going to explode! I only had 7 small boneless wings and about a medium potato's worth of french fries for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I feel like my belly will rip open at any moment. Okay, so that's a little graphic, I understand, but I just want everyone to understand what this feels like by me describing in full-too much-detail what it feels like! (Side note: the Nuggets vs. Cavilers game tonight was A-mazing!)

Other than that, the pregnancy is going great. I seem to be gaining weight right on schedule. And, with 11 weeks to go, I can't possibly fathom how to gain an extra 11 pounds (the doctor recommended a pound a week from here on out.) If the baby wants to gain weight, that's great. But, looking at pictures I find it fascinating, and borderline gross how elastic and stretchy human skin is. The human body is pretty amazing on its' own, let alone with reproduction and pregnancy. A pregnant belly is predicted to double/triple in size and weight in the final 2-3 months...scary!

I'll post more pictures soon! All I can describe is what your belly looks and feels like after an all-you-can-eat buffet: not good! At least when the baby moves around, for some brief moment, I forget that I'm temporarily fatter and fuller than I'd like to be and it makes it all worth it :)

No comments:

Copyright Text