Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday To-Do List

I feel that I've had somewhat of "pregnancy brain" lately and I've been forgetful. So, last night I made myself a to-do list of important things I needed to get done today. 1) Call Comcast and figure out e-mail 2) Pay rent 3) Go to my bank appointment 4) Fix inseam on maternity jeans 5) Take pregnancy pictures The day had been going really well. I woke up at 7:45 am with my husband to eat breakfast. Once he left for work at 8, I went back to bed and took a morning nap. Then, when I woke up again I got right to work. I fixed things with Comcast, walked my rent check down to the office, and then I proceeded to walk down and across the street to the bank. As I walked out of my apartment complex, a woman in a car pulled up alongside of me. She rolled down her window and asked me if I'd ever read this magazine before (as she handed me an "Awake" pamphlet). It's really not the Johava's Witnesses that bother me here. I'm all about sharing your religion and discussing beliefs. It was the front cover. The title of the issue was "Abortion: What's the Issue Here?"  The rest of my walk was spent on brainstorming which angle to take in writing about this and I can honestly say I'm speechless! I mean, do I look like a person who is even considering abortion?! I'm okay with a stranger wanting to share their message on religion, but why not hand me a pamphlet, "Drinking: What are the Dangers?" or "Chat Rooms: What Should I Know About Them?" All I can say is, I've never been a victim of real-life irony. Giving an abortion pamphlet to a pregnant woman...I think that's irony? Whatever you call it, I'm laughing to myself now because I'm so excited to have a baby, I'm almost to the third trimester.  As far as my to-do list goes, I finished my inseams when I got home and I took a few pregnancy photos. So, this is me around 24 weeks! There's a baby the size of an eggplant in my belly!

6 comments:

Ashley Ann said...

Max! your so cute! i can't believe your pregnant, were getting so old ha! i'm so excited for her to get here! miss you!

Lataun said...

Hey...so how are you and your little eggplant doing? You look gorgeous! I love to-do lists too! Enjoy the 2nd trimester...it is the best! Third...not so much...:)

Lataun said...

oh, I forgot to tell you that Chad has a name suggestion...ready...here it is...

Chadalyn

he knew you'd love it!

Little Bare Family said...

You are so beautiful! Im really happy for you! Have you guys decided on a name yet?!

candice&al said...

you are so cute! I love your belly! :D eek!

chocolate_e73 said...

I can't wait to hold our little baby and give her big Grama kisses and hugs!Looks like I'm going to have to take a number and get in line with all those cute Nelsons waiting for their turns too!! Love you, Mama

Copyright Text