Sunday, May 2, 2010

May in my Mom Jeans

My goodness, is it really May already? Jeff and I are down to 3.5 days until our lives will change forever. We're experiencing a lot of different emotions, but among the strongest are excitement and anticipation. We're still throwing around names, but have it whittled down to 3 or 4 we really love so when this little, full-grown, cashew arrives we'll see which one fits her best.

I'm working today and Tuesday, then we go in on Wednesday at 5 am to get induced. That would be cool if she was actually born at 5 am on 5/5/10. My older sister said we should name her Five Nelson! My stats are as follows:

1) Pounds gained: About 35
2) Cravings: Crunch wrap Supreme (Taco Bell), grilled cheese, watered-down juice, meat, Popsicles (not all at the same time, tho!)
3) Dreams: The baby being born the size and age of a one-year old
4) Pregnancy Symptoms: forgetting...A LOT! (I asked the same question to the same co-worker three times in one hour yesterday!); minimal swelling in ankles and wrists (nothing to write home about though); minimal mood swings (I can only remember 3 or 4 break-downs/crying for no reasons...don't ask Jeff how many he's counted!); itchy belly and a growing belly!; tired--I think I've taken more naps in the past 7 months than I have in all my college years combined!

Needless to say, I'm ready to have this baby! Am I ready to be a mom? Well, not sure. I think it's like getting married and getting used to the fact that you have a husband and are a wife. A lady came up to me yesterday while I was folding and asked if we had any Capri pants that "weren't so 'mom'". She said she bought a pair last week and they fit her in a "very 'mom' way, you know what I mean?" she asked. Then, after putting the sweatshirt down that I was folding, she got red and said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean...not that you're....you're going to be one of those cute moms!"

I didn't take offense. I told her hopefully it'll be a lot of years before I dress like a "mom-mom"! And hopefully it'll be a long time (if not at all!) before I fall into this category:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10333/saturday-night-live-mom-jeans

While it might take me some time to get used to being a mom, I don't think I've ever been more excited to jump into a new chapter of life and try to be the best mom I can be.

2 comments:

Nate and Kelly said...

Whatever Maxi, you got pregnant just so you could wear those "MOM" jeans. But your torso is so long, the 7 inch zipper won't do justice, you better go with a 13 inch zipper :)

You're going to be an amazing mommy!!!

di said...

I'm so excited for you being a mom. Love your blog too. Motherhood fits you but please not the "mom jeans". Will be thinking of you tomorrow. With lots of hugs and kisses, aunt di

Copyright Text