Monday, January 26, 2009

Kids These Days

I love my job. Have I mentioned that before? Well, I love working with the kids. The few times the adults don't cancel, they are rather enjoyable as well. But, the kids make this job for me. They love unconditionally, they are always optimistic, and they love to play. Last week, one of my client's has a younger sister, let's call her "Julie", who is about seven or eight years old. She asked me my first week if I could be her PSR worker, and I wanted to say YES! but I told her maybe down the road.

Her sister is very fun as well, and sometimes their mom let's me take both girls to go play and do other activities. Well, the other night, "Julie" didn't want me to leave but it was getting late. She proceeded to ask me what my plans for next Friday were, and if I was free, I could come babysit her and her siblings. I was dying inside! I wanted to laugh, but somewhere inside her I could tell she was serious, and hopeful. Her little invitation melted my heart and is making this -10 degree weather not seem so bad. (And litterally, my face is frozen because it was 2 degrees when I walked outside the gym to my car tonight!)

I can't wait to have kids. More so, I can wait, but I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. If only I could talk some of the adults into playing hide-n-go-seek tag or finger painting, or trying on tacky clothing at the D.I!

No comments:

Copyright Text