Sunday, February 1, 2009

What Makes the World Go Round...

I had a really negative view on the real world and what really makes it turn. For a long time, I always thought it was money. You need money to do this, and money to do that. You need money to impress him (or her) and then you need money to keep him (or her). It was getting really draining. Living on my own has taught me: dollars in=dollars out for rent, food, utilities, etc. etc.

Well, I decided I wasn't going to take this view anymore and I've since decided that kindness makes the world go round. Really! I'm not trying to be cheesy, or greeny, or granola. Kind people real make or break it in this society. I've also learned that even if I'm homeless and begging for money and stressing over where to find my next meal, someone is always kind. The church is kind. Most people have good hearts.

I've also decided that karma, in some aspect, is real. And, if I do my part, things will just work out. How? I have no idea! But, they do for me. When I'm kind to people, and I'm talking the genuine, I-want-to-get-to-know-you kind, people respond positively. Things work out.

So, call it what you want to. Love makes the world go round. Genuine people make the world go round. Kindness makes the world go round. Honesty really helps. Last I checked, you can't buy any of those with money.

Copyright Text