Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day!


I'm one of those girls who loves-LOVES-Valentine's Day. This was the first year I had a date with someone very very special...and it was a hilarious day. In the past, I've always asked the guy out. I've always been one to chase the boys and ask if he would be my Valentine. But, this year, it was a mutual thing and it deserves to be blogged. (Is that a proper verb tense?)


We started by having dinner at 4 pm at a very nice and fancy restaurant. Near the waiting area was a giant bowl of jelly beans, so of course I joined the other 3 or 4 kids in scooping handfuls to take to my table. To our left was an older couple, almost as old as the couple to our right. They both looked like they might be from Florida. We ate 3 loaves of bread, and around half a stick of butter. This place was awesome (Del Frisco's) because whenever it looked like you had just a little bread left, the bread boy would be right there switching out the baskets with a new, fresh, warm loaf. We split this amazing steak and potatoes, and almost puked walking out to the car because we ate so much! It was also still bright outside when we left the restaurant. That was new for us.

We then noted that the night was still very young (5:15 pm) so we drove downtown and walked around the Cherry Creek Mall. Of course we only stopped by the cooking stores and the watch store, everything of which was over-priced (but I made a mental list of things I'm going to search for at TJ MAXX and ROSS.)

Then, we rented "Madagascar 2" from the RedBox and bought 4 bags of candy and pop. We took our movie and snacks back to his house and got doped-up on sugar while we watched our movie, after which we both crashed into a 3 1/2 hour nap/coma.

Needless to say, I had a great time. I felt like a little kid again/older retired couple. This weekend has been great. But, for real, diet starts today...or tomorrow...we also went to the grocery store yesterday and bought day-after candy on sale. (Seriously, who passes up a 4 lb. bag of Valentine day candy for 50% off? Not this girl.)

No comments:

Copyright Text