Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a Girl!

Pregnancy is an interesting thing. Half the time, the women who are pregnant will tell you they don't want to be pregnant, that they just want the baby to come already, they're tired of feeling like a blimp, and all the extra hormones, cravings, sickness, and weight in new places can all take a hike. But, on top of that, they have the added "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" of adoring strangers. I have the most adorable sister-in-law who has two very cute boys of her own (2 years and a 5 month-old) who has told me some of her pregnancy stories. The most shocking, yet the most common that I've heard from her and others is when strangers approach a pregnant belly and proceed to rub and baby talk directly to the bloated area. It's one thing for friends and family to feel, but a complete stranger? Maybe my feelings on the subject are different than others'; but, if a stranger walks up to me and begins to feel my belly, give me unsolicited advice about parenting and breastfeeding, or ask when my baby is due without knowing me, I might just give them a disgusted look and say something like, "Excuse me? That is extremely rude. I'm not pregnant. I happen to have a rare case of IBS that makes my stomach bloat." It would be fun to see their reactions. But, for all those who haven't heard or whom I have yet the chance to tell, my husband and I ARE expecting a baby in late spring (90% sure of which it's a girl)! So, don't feel bad if you've seen me lately and wondered, maybe even had to ask yourself, "Wow, she's really let herself go since she got married. I wonder if that's holiday weight?" We are very excited!

8 comments:

Ashley Ann said...

max! i'm so excited for you! good luck with the pregnancy!

Myrnie said...

Yay for girls!

Lisa Hoffman said...

Congratulations Max~!!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Babies babies babies! I love me some babies! Congrats you two : )

candice&al said...

Maxi, I am so excited for you guys! I love you and we have got to hang out! ... are you going to have a baby shower?

Bakeshow said...

I was always taught never to ask a woman when she was due unless you saw a baby being squeezed out. Luckily, I've never made the faux pas.

Oh, and congrats! It's gonna be a cute kid, what with such hot parents and all! :)

No Raspberries! said...

PREGGO??!?!? this is mandy smith! you were holding out! write me now!

Jessie Mae said...

Maximus.I am so excited. You will be totally cute pregger lady!

Copyright Text