Friday, September 3, 2010

Ring Leader

I wouldn't say I come up with a lot of good ideas. I'm not the dare devil who comes up with a brilliant game plan or activity and gets all my friends to follow in suit. No, I'm definitely one of the many who follows behind that ring leader no matter if it's for good or for trouble! My husband, on the other hand, was born a ring leader. Jeff has had more broken bones, stitches, and trips to the emergency room than anyone else I know. He's also a "do-er". When there's an idea out there, he's the one up front making sure it's carried out. A week or so ago, he had one of these great ideas. He got a golf ball catcher a while back as a gift, and since has not had to buy a single ball at the store. Last week, for our Family Home Evening, we had dinner and for our activity, we went to the golf course to go on a "walk". We waited till dark, brought our flashlights, and packed Lauren in the stroller with some blankets. As we walked to the designated water hazards, it was not to enjoy the view nor to appreciate the fairways. We proceeded to fish for golf balls with Jeff's catcher. We even came up with a game plan if we sensed issues. Jeff was to run out of sight and I would casually continuing strolling on my "nightly walk" which just happened to cross through holes 16 and 17. We would meet up at the old house I grew up in. I'm sure we looked very suspicious. We only had one close call, and 3 dozen balls later proved to be worth it. It's true, we're getting older but we're not growing up!

Copyright Text