Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweeter Sleep--sleep training, day 2

Last night was amazing...well, until Jeff and I went to bed. We went through our routine with Lauren, and she seemed pretty tired in general last night. We started around 6:30 pm and by 7:00 I was ready to put her in her crib. She cried for a little while, but by 7:09 she was out like a light.

It was sweet and serene quiet time and it was the first time in months Jeff and I were able to start a movie before nine...and stay awake for the whole thing! The only issue? Lauren woke up 3 (or 4?) times throughout the night :(

The first two times, she quickly fell back asleep when Jeff gave her a pacifier. It seems like a blur, but I think by 1:30 and 3:30 am I caved thinking she needed to nurse both times to get her through the night. I'm excited to see what tonight brings. As my mother-in-law recalls, she "power-nursed" her babies right before putting them down; making sure they ate as much as comfortable to get them as many consecutive hours of sleep as possible!

No comments:

Copyright Text