Thursday, October 28, 2010

Something About Grandma's House--Sleep training day 4 and 5

I don't know what it is about Grandma's house, but Lauren slept amazing on night 4. She still woke up 4 times, but each time was able to settle back down with only a pacifier and without nursing. That is one small step to people without kids, but one giant leap to any new parent, I'm sure.

Last night she was a wee bit more restless. I caved (again) and brought her into bed with Grandma and I because Grandma has a California King, and it was after all, a sleepover. With Pavlov in mind (yes, referring to Macy and Nate's comments), a "stimulus" just might be the trick. I don't think a bell, or salivating, is key here; but the "sleep lite" application on my iTouch just might prove a saving grace. In the book I read, they say to have white noise. So, my new approach? Lay near Lauren with the sound of rain or waves playing on the iTouch and each night make my way closer and closer to the door until finally I can lay her down with the white noise playing, and I'll be out in another room getting things done (or passed out from exhaustion in my own room!)

1 comment:

Frosties said...

I am so proud of you Maxi! It is so hard to train them, but worth it in the end. I started using white noise with Michael when he was eight weeks old (I moved him out of our room when he was six weeks). It seems to help him a lot! He knows when he hears that sound and when the lights are out, it’s time for bed. He was really easy to train to sleep through the night, so my heart goes out to your active nights. However, now we are working on weaning him...this is proving to be my biggest challenge yet.
I just know you are such a good mommy! That is probably why she is up, she wants to be with you...haha! I wish you the best of luck with your little women :-) Love you!
Karlee

Copyright Text