Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Long Road of Layaways

Jeff had a gift card to spend at Nordstrom's Rack, so we went this weekend in hopes to find something right around the amount on the card. While he set off to the Men's department, Lauren and I casually scoped out the jeans' racks. I've been wanting a pair of True Religions for quite some time. At the actual T.R store, they run for about $300 a pair, so you could imagine my sheer delight and astonishment when I found an adorable pair at the "Crack" (as we sometimes call it) for $87.00!

Do I need a pair of jeans? No, not exactly. Do I badly want a pair of T.R? Naturally. So, as I showed them off to Jeff, I racked my brain to see where in our "guidelines" of this spending fast I could get away with spending just shy of a hundred on a fashion entity...not necessity. The only solution I could muster involved finding out if Nordstrom's Rack had a Layaway program, and if me, my spendy-self, and I, could wait 6 weeks to pay them off with my "don't ask don't tell" money. (Because this past Friday was payday, I'm up to a whopping $38.87.)

I ended up handing the jeans to the fitting room lady and walking out the store empty handed, and needless to say, I didn't even bother finding out about the Layaway program.

This is seriously one challenge that is just that: challenging! I don't know what would be easier: a) continue this spending fast? or b) get an additional part-time job?

3 comments:

Nate and Kelly said...

I could buy them, wear them for 4 months, and then you could buy them from me once your spending fast is over! Oh, wait. YOU'RE TINY THIGHS ARE... TINY! I'll try to come up with a better solution. I'm proud of you... you don't need another pair of jeans! I think you'll be back to your old frugal self in no-time :)

Nater said...

I don't know how you resisted...really I don't. But I'm going to say more power to you!!

Samm and Brode said...

Oh here is the jeans. I read your other post first. Ummm, well I could buy them and wear them... and then you could buy them from me. The only problem is that I would have stretched them out too much for you. What are you a 24?? Good job on your spending fast but maybe staying out of the mall (temptation island-yikes!) would help?

Copyright Text