Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is Tough

This spending fast is tough! I've created some dangerous habits that include (but are not limited to) running to Target because I'm bored; running to Target because of after-holiday sales; running to Target just because I saw a funny Target commercial. And by Target, I umbrella all retailers. I'm finding that it gets harder and harder to save my money...and it'll take a miracle to make it 3 more months in this spending fast. I'm down to $10.00 in my "don't ask, don't tell" money, and I thought by now I would be closer to $100.00 so I could go back out to shop for my dream jeans. Every time I go to the store, I think I find something my subconscious can't live without!

The moral of the story is, take only one trip per week to the store to get the necessities, which, while not fun and totally against my current habits and routines, will inevitably help me control my spending and succeed at this fast.

3 comments:

Samm and Brode said...

Just out of curiosity, what are your dream jeans? I live in Sevens and Hudsons but I have a few secrets to getting them for great prices... Although that takes some patience too!

Lataun said...

You can do it! Is there such a thing as "Target anonymous"? Maybe you could go to their weekly meetings....:)

byw, loved seeing you and your pretty baby last week!

Macy Diane said...

I had to put a post it note on my debit card that says, "Do I need it?" Although you would think this makes me think twice, I just take the post it off when I buy something that I want and don't necessarily need, and then put it back on when I've made the purchase. Budgeting is too hard =(

Copyright Text