Monday, March 31, 2008

Have I Learned My Lesson?

I should know by now when to keep my big mouth shut, but I can’t help that there are cute boys everywhere. If in your head you notice beauty, handsomeness, a chiseled physique, etc. you ought to speak up. There’s nothing wrong with admiring the attractive people around us. Well, unless it backfires on you. Case in point: J.G,J.B, A.?, and my favorite, T.M. So, first story: cute boy sits next to me all semester in Cognition. I didn’t know his name for the first half of the term, I thought it was Blake. Anyway, I know it now and I opened my big mouth to a friend who told a friend, who told his roommate, who told him. Naturally, we went out, and no horror story, but nothing left to pursue.  Number two: my sister’s boyfriend’s roommate happens to be tall, bleach-blonde shaggy hair, balla’ for real!  He dunks, and 75% of the time makes it in every time. Again, I confided what I thought was secretly to my sister during one of our sleepovers. (Yes we have adorable pajamas, yes we paint nails, and yes we spoon.) She told her beau and he told his roommate. I must say, he had a fighting chance. Not only is he adorable, he’s funny, athletic, all-in-all a blast. Again, nothing to pursue (at the moment!) Three: I just met him but apparently he’s been in my school ward all semester. We bowled together and I informed his FHE sister how cute he is. She’s working on a quick last minute hook-up before I go home in 2 weeks. The good news is nothing serious can bloom (I don’t think, anyway!) He’s from Idaho, which makes me think I should stay over the summer….it’s not too late to change plans and spend the summer up here! Last: Okay, another one I just met last week. My absolute favorite-T.M.  He is gorgeous! And way tall. I actually have to look up when I stand next to him-YUMMY! And he’s hilarious (which might clash in a long run, cuz he’s 98% fun-fun-fun, 2% serious/deep.) The minute he left my apartment, I ranted and raved to my roommates that I fell in love. Seriously, I never believed in love at first sight, but OHHHH! it exists! I am smitten by this boy and I don’t even know why. I think my roommates spilled the beans because tonight we were flirting a little, then I got all shy and awkward cuz it occurred to me that he probably knew! Moral of the story(s): I should keep my mouth shut from now on. I can admire cute, gorgeous, handsome, etc. men to myself…then again, what’s the fun in that? Then I wouldn’t go on all these awkward/fun/unforgettable dates and realize he wasn’t quite the one for me. At least at the rate I’m going I never have to live with the regret of not knowing!

No comments:

Copyright Text