Monday, March 3, 2008

Not A Material Girl

I never really considered myself a “material girl” but I recognize I do live in a material world. Recently, I dropped and broke my hot pink Razr phone. I thought, No big deal. I’ll live, and at least I’ll get a break from the tight leash my phone holds on me. Well, that worked for maybe 5 hours, 4 of which were spent from distractions of class and eating. After I got home, it hit me that I really do need a phone. My younger sister so kindly let me use her old high school phone; silver and blue, complete with a blinking service light, small enough for the trendy factor, thick enough it didn’t disappear in my bag like some of these phones that actually double as bookmarks.

This phone on lease just didn’t cut it. My Razr felt so comfortable, like a favorite pair of underwear. You just never want to take them off. This temporary phone served more like a pair of Granny Panties. Good for emergencies, yes, but embarrassing to be seen with.

I miss all the cool features of my hot pink phone: camera, speaker (I can’t even multitask with this other phone!), multiple alarm times, spicy ringtones, and call waiting. With desperation in my voice and the help of my dad, I found a new maroon Razr on ebay for pretty cheap with all the above features plus a better picture and built-in MP3 player, estimated to get here in three days. No, I wouldn’t really consider myself a “material girl” per se. I’m more of a “bells and whistles” type of girl.

No comments:

Copyright Text