Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh, to be in love!


I’ve heard a lot of proposal stories ever since I’ve been up at BYU-Idaho. Most of them are moderate, some are super lame, but some…WOW! Like early today, this guy set the bar. Not only did he get tons of family and friends involved in a Renaissance theme, he got the town horse to go along with it. This proposal will go down in Rexburg history. You would have to be there to get the full effect, but if you’re really curious, contact any girl from Tuscany or any guy from Rockland to give you complete details.


Throughout this magnificent event, which I am proud to have witnessed, I couldn’t help but think about how I want my guy to propose to me. In high school, when I was “in love”, I always thought my boyfriend at the time would pass notes in class and finally he would get caught by the teacher who would then read the note aloud in hopes to reprimand the trouble maker. But, while he stood up and read the note, somewhere among the sweet nothings about me would be, “Will you marry me?” Then the class would cheer and he would whisk me away and we’d ride off into the sunset in his 1996 Subaru Outback. (Though, he’d have to get me back by 3:30 pm for volleyball practice.)


Now that I’m a little older, a little more mature, a lot classier, I’ve put a lot of thought into this. I’ve come up with new ideas. 1) We would go to the zoo and walk around. When we got to the monkey exhibit, there would be a huge gorilla who we could feed and he would hand us things; one of the things he would hand me would be the ring box. Then, a parrot would fly down and squawk, “Will you marry me?”


(Okay. So because this is very unlikely, I came up with something else that would be special to me.)


I always fall in love on the golf course, I can’t help it. It has the right setting, good feelings; everything happens on the golf course during the summer. Idea 2) We would be on the 18th hole at the end of a round and putt our final shots. When we walked to retrieve our balls from the hole, my guy would kneel down to pick up both balls. Since he would be on one knee, he would look up at me and open a box that looked like a golf ball on the outside, but had the ring inside, and ask, “Will you marry me?”


Who knows how it will happen? It better be creative and original. It doesn’t have to be fireworks and horses and a circus; but it has to be meaningful and creative.

No comments:

Copyright Text