Monday, March 17, 2008

Old Fong’s Fortune Cookies, Actually Truths?

I don't know how I feel about fortune cookies. I think they taste alright, not too sweet and not too bland. Tonight for FHE we went to New Fong’s (actually the Old New Fong’s because the real new one is built on 2nd West street.) My fortune read: “Everything will soon come your way.” I feel good about that, except maybe that means everything good and bad? And I'm already getting most of the good, so I don't know how I feel about the rest of everything coming my way. I was hoping for my roommate's fortune which read: “You will take a big risk and win.” If I got that fortune, I’d be halfway to Vegas right now getting ready to take “big risks.”

Then I thought, why don’t they make up real truths, instead of fortunes? If I were typing away in the back, I would give 'fortunes' like: “The big giant one is coming your way”. In the end, I guess fortunes are like horoscopes; they are meant to apply to everything and everything. I think they should switch to more advice giving cookies than fortune cookies, like, “Don’t forget to floss”; “Wear your seatbelt”; “Too much candy will turn your poop green”; real stuff like that. Yeah, I’m gonna send a suggestion right away to New and Old New Fong’s.

No comments:

Copyright Text