Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dress Code at the "Rexburg Country Club"

For the fourth of July holiday, my family and I drove up to Idaho to visit friends and family. We planned a jam-fun-packed weekend of activities. First, we went to a lake and boated. Two of my uncles own boats, and they couldn't be more different; exibit A: the Mudlake relatives have a super sleek speed boat in which my uncle performs back flips and serious hang time on the wakeboard and in which the rest of us just try to get up. exibit B: the Bancroft relatives own what we like to call "the boat that qualifies for the White Trash Yacht Club"! This boat is actually amazing. At a top speed of 15 mph, you can really feel a light tug as you are pulled from the back on a giant tube. We set up a picnic table and grill and had a barbeque right there on the lake. Pretty amazing, if you ask me!

The rest of the weekend was full of golf. I asked my uncle if the course we were going to play on the 4th had any dress code (aka, do we need to wear a collared-shirt?) He said (what I thought was jokingly) that there is a tight dress code: tank tops, short shorts, wife-beaters, and flip flops are to be worn. I wore the usual bermuda shorts and a tan shirt with a collar. On about the 15th hole, a young man came through some trees looking for his ball that he thought he had hit from his 18th hole onto our fairway. I thought he was working construction because he was shirtless with raggedy jeans and, yes I don't lie, flip flops!

I guess the dress code at the "Rexburg Country Club" is slightly less strict than other courses!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Yes, Rexburg does seem to be the center of white-trash America. I blame Mayor Larsen and his awful taxes on business which prevent economic growth. Until Larsen is removed the best job anyone in Rexburg will have is flipping burgers or working in a call-center, thus producing tattered jeans and cheap flip-flops. Thanks for the post.

Copyright Text