Thursday, July 17, 2008

One Thing

If you could only choose one thing to worry about in your entire life (not for the rest of your life, but just in your life) what would it be? If you chose money, you can only worry about money (not global warming, not how your kids will turn out, not whose turn it is to mow the lawn, etc.) The idea is, what's worth worrying about? I've decided for me the only thing worth worrying about is whether or not I'm happy. I know how to be happy, so if I'm not, I'll just get happy right away and have nothing to worry about.

My grandma once had this little poem and I'm not sure if she wrote it or she found it somewhere, but it makes me smile because there are really only two things to worry about:

There Are Only Two Things In Life To Worry About

There are really only two things to worry about;
Either you are healthy or you are sick.
If you are healthy, then there is nothing to worry about.

But, if you are sick there are only two things to worry about,
Either you will get well or you will die.

If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about,
But, if you die, then there are only two things to worry about.

Either you will go to heaven or you will go to hell.
If you go to heaven, then there is nothing to worry about.
But, if you go to hell, you'll be so damn busy shaking hands with old friends that you won't have time to worry!

I love this because really, there is not a whole lot worth the worry. As long as I'm here I'm going to try to do my best, make mistakes along the way (hopefully most will be unintentional!), be happy, and love life; and I believe there's a whole lot to love in this world!

3 comments:

jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jonathan said...

hey there! how are you? hello from Sweden.. :) I'm going to try to update my blog. www.joepeine.blogspot.com :)
I hope your doing well...

The Rickmeister said...

I love this poem. I guess I'll see you in hell!!

Copyright Text