Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Going! Going! Gahhhhh-REEN!!!

Well, the world might be heating up at a rapid pace, gas should be replaced by water (which I found out recently some have already done; gas companies, however, don't want people to find out that motors have been invented that can run on H2O...youtube it if you're curious!), we're running out of fresh water by the way, and the only trees that will be around in 15 years are those little fake plastic ones. (*disclaimer: I'm not sure how much of this is true by the way!) A couple of months ago, I was assigned the project of researching "Going Green" for ways my office could help save the planet. I'm big on conserving energy and resources for the sake of saving money, improving our living conditions, and so my kids (some day) will have a pretty cool place to live (some day). While surfing the world wide web, bless it, I found all sorts of good-and not so good-stuff. The obvious: carpool, turn off lights and unplug appliances not being used, don't leave the water running when you're brushing your teeth, etc. etc. The odd: sun tan more.  You'll help soak up those UV rays poring in through the abused atmosphere...I may have misinterpreted or read that one wrong.  Hitch hike to work/school/stores/etc. (I may have made that one up too...), and Sheryl Crow's classic-only use one square of toilet paper when you go to the bathroom. To Sheryl Crow, I one up her and say, "Why even use toilet paper then? Honestly, how much is one square gonna do?"  Then I thought of another way we could save water-just don't flush the toilet. This has already been thought of, "If it's brown, flush it down. If it's yellow, let it mellow." Okay, got it. Now, I thought maybe toilet companies will start making smart toilets, like the ones in Japan. We've all heard about the ones that talk to you. Well, this new toilet I'm going to try to invent will flush every third or so push on the flushing handle. Yeah, now reading this, I don't think it sounds as cool as it did in my head when I thought of it earlier this morning.....add this one to the odds!

No comments:

Copyright Text